Re: Minilite Style Wheels for TR4A

To: francis_dupuis@bc.sympatico.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Minilite Style Wheels for TR4A
From: "Gregory Petrolati" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 08:25:18 PST

>I have recently purchased a 1966 TR4A, which is running on it's
original
>wire wheels. As I intend to drive the car frequently, I am looking to
>replace these with suitable minilite copies. Does anyone have any
>comments/recommendations on the different types available? There is a
>supplier called Select Sales in Florida that the chaps at the Lotus
Club in
>Chicago mentioned. Has anyone ordered from them?

   Roadster Factory, Moss British Victoria all carry Panasports,
   which are an excellent substitute. I have a set of 15"-6" rims on
   my TR4. Tire Barn or some other mail order tire company may be
   able to get Panasports as well... might be a bit cheaper too (so
   long as you got a set of tires to go with them). You will have to
   remove the wire wheel hubs and get the standard lug bolts to use
   the alloys. There is a version of the whel that comes with the
   splined center that will allow you to use your knock offs. I
   don't know much about them, though.

   I have heard Minilite is selling recastings of their old wheels in
   alloy (rather than magnesium) and are charging a hideous amount
   for them.

   BTW, You may be able to order Panasporst direct from their West
   coast office... I've been able to get hub inserts direct from
   them (this was several years ago).

   Check and see if they have a web site for a current phone number.

   Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)