Hagertty

To: <chusmann@execpc.com>, <KREMNICK@BLANKROME.COM>
Subject: Hagertty
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 12:43:25 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Hagerty does not have restriction on driving (i.e., not required
> that you drive only in parades or to shows).

This is what Haggerty "told" me on the phone.  When I finally got a policy
out of them (only after asking) and read it, I got concerned.  I then called
them with the hard questions, like "can I leave it in the parking lot at my
kids school, a restaurant or work" or "can I drive it to my friends house?"

I found out that the policy was actually very restrictive. It is MY
interpretation that, with Haggerty, you can use the car for enjoyment of the
vehicle only.  Trips are for pleasure only, no planned excursions with an
intended task, like picking up a quart of milk at the local store or taking
the car out on a Saturday night for dinner at a restaurant.   BE CAREFUL!
Driving your car for these purposes, while insured by Haggerty, may be
outside your coverage.

Write down the way you want to use the car, as well as your questions, so
you tell and ask all the insurers the same things. Call Parrish, call
Haggerty call a few other classic insurers.  Tell them how you want to use
the car. I did, and then decided to spend $280/yr with Parrish versus the
$100/yr I was spending with Haggerty.  I'd rather keep the $180 in my
pocket, but Parrish provided usable coverage for me, Haggerty did not.  Make
sure you read the policy and fully understand the coverage you are buying.

JMHO,

Jack Brooks
TS69032L
Hillsdale, NJ