Re: Clutch Fork

To: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch Fork
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 07:42:35 -0700
Cc: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I drilled through the V of the fork with a small drill bit to reach
the end of the tapered pin.  I used a 3/32" bit and took my time.
Because it's a short bit, I had to chuck it in the drill a second time
for maximum length.  I then used a 1/16" punch and hammer to tap it
out.  It helps if you have someone to move the cross shaft around
while you hold the fork and tap the punch.

Check the threaded area of the fork when you get things apart.  Mine
was cracked and had to be replaced.

I predrilled the new fork with the 1/16" hole.  Many people also add a
1/4" bolt through the fork and shaft to hold things together.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6