4 wheel disc brakes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 4 wheel disc brakes
From: "Terry & Cindy O'Beirne" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 08:05:00 +1000
Cc: iron_horse819@yahoo.com
I have done a rear disc conversion on our race T2500 sedan which uses an
identical rear end to the TR6.

We used Australian Nissan (datsun) parts because it meant the stud
pattern throught the disc was the same as triumph. maybe some export
Datsuns/Nissans use the same bit but I would have to check. As an
enginner it did not take much trouble to get our conversion also
approved for road use by the local authorites. The trickiest parts are
the design of the hub to caliper mount (to stop it flexing) and neat
attachment of the handbrake cable. No problems with it in several
seasons racing.

We run these in conjunction with porsche front discs & 4 pot calipers.

If there was enough interest I would make up some kits. Anyone wanting a
kit could email me , but this would have to be a private commercial
activity and thus kept off the list

Terry O'Beirne