Re: Compressing road springs on a TR6.

To: johnw@wrq.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Compressing road springs on a TR6.
From: Jody007@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 16:58:30 EDT
In a message dated 5/3/99 12:14:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, johnw@wrq.com
writes:

<< I would like to swap out my old IRS springs with a set from TRF;
 mild competition. Since the other springs just fit in, I'm
 assuming I will need to compress the new springs to get them in.

 So, what tool to use? Any caveats to this process? How tough to
 perform the same steps on the front end? (I have the parts to
 rebuild, but am somewhat scared of compressing springs after all
 of the horror stories.)

 Thanks much,
 John
 johnw@wrq.com

   The springs will go on without compressing, just remember to remove the
parking brake cable from the swing arm and you should not have a problem.