A couple pix of my TR-250

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: A couple pix of my TR-250
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@mojam.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 23:32:43 -0400

I just posted some text and some pictures of my TR-250 on my web site:

    http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/

Mostly it's a first-hand look at a broken wishbone mount for those who
haven't seen such a thing before (I hadn't before mine broke) and an excuse
to put up some of the pictures I took of the car last weekend.

The pictures were shot with a Sony Mavica digital camera borrowed from a
friend.  I took about 90 pictures and kept 71.  What a great tool those
things are.  If you're going to do some serious disassembly/repair/
restoration, I strongly suggest begging, buying or borrowing one of these
things as a documentation tool.  You get immediate feedback on whether or
not you got what you wanted.  Since you tend to be working in fairly close
quarters there's a pretty good chance of blurring some pictures.  It's great
to find that out before getting the prints home from the drug store or after
wasting gobs of money on Polaroid film. The Sony writes to plain ole' DOS
diskettes and typically holds between 15 and 20 640x480 JPEG images per
diskette.

One thing that occurred to me just now is that it would be kind of cool to
create a buyers' guide that contains a picture archive of the good and bad
features of our beloved LBCs.  For instance, my trailing arms are in good
shape (there's a picture on the web site).  It might be instructive for
people looking to buy that first Triumph if they could see examples of what
to look for and what to walk away from.

Cheers,

Skip Montanaro  | Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music" http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com  | Musi-Cal: http://www.musi-cal.com/