TR6 side flange bearings, seals

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 side flange bearings, seals
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 08:17:01 -0700
Well, I'm still at it.  But it looks like I screwed up one of my new seals
when I pressed it into the housing.  It just looks a little twisted in
there.  I hate these kinds of things, because I never really feel like I
know what I'm doing.  My question(s):

1.) What is the best way to install PROPERLY these side flange seals?  How
about setting the side flange on a light bulb and the seal in the freezer
first?  At any rate, I think I'll order another seal.  I've not done the
other side yet.

2.) Does anyone out there have the TIMKEN bearing number for the side
flange/inner axle shaft bearings?  I think I should go ahead and change
these while I'm at it.  My bearings say "HOFFMAN - LS11 V4 - ENGLAND - LM
V4" on the outer race.  BPNW says there's a standard TIMKEN bearing for
this application.

Thanks to all!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6