Re: TR4 tops

To: aephoto@mail.netacc.net
Subject: Re: TR4 tops
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 12:27:04 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 07-May-99 11:54:41 Eastern Daylight Time,
aephoto@mail.netacc.net writes:

> I just received a new white Robbins top and was dissappointed to see the
>  inside was black. (If only the catalogs would give us a full description of
>  what we are buying) Where did you order the Robbins top with the tan
>  inside? Was it white?

Allen, I asked TRF if they could get me a black top with a tan interior.  TRF
said yes and had Robbins make one.  No-one even blinked an eye so I assume
the process is simple.  It was the same price and just took several weeks
longer for delivery.  This was at the VTR National in Ashville NC in '94.

If I remember correctly, TRF even had Robbins ship the top directly to me
rather than through TRF. ( I had paid at the Convention).  TRF had Robbins'
tops in stock at their place when I ordered mine but the tops all had black
interiors.

The tan is MUCH better because of the brightness when the top is up.  Also it
was the original color -- if that means anything.  You might want to check if
TRF will get   it with a white exterior/tan interior.  As I said "No-one even
blinked..."  Let us know what you find out if you inquire.  Cheers.

Art Kelly