Leaky TR6 Master Cylinder - THE SOLUTION

To: brgmgb@napanet.net, mdporter@rt66.com, dagger@ix.netcom.com, bk13@earthlink.net, rgk@flash.net, vafred@erols.com, rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu, gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk, davhill@cwcom.net, gosmund@mail.jax.bellsouth.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Leaky TR6 Master Cylinder - THE SOLUTION
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 17:24:52 EDT
Everyone

I would like to thank everyone who wrote and gave me advise. Your help was
very helpful when I was feeling VERY down when after all of the cleaning,
painting, and repairing to have brake fluid leak all over again, and from a
"new" part.

This is what I did. I sucked out all of the remaining brake fluid out of the
"new" master with a large syringe, it did a pretty good job. Then I got a kit
and rebuilt my "new" master. Since it had never been used, I didn't need to
rebore the new part. I filled the reservour, bled the system and ... no more
leaks.

My next job is to repaint the area where the new leaks occurred. It really
isn't as bad as the first go round because I didn't let it stay on the
painted surfaces very long. But the new paint will have to wait.. I'm going
to the Carlisle Import Festival on Friday, and I won't have time to play with
it before I go. I hope to see all of you there. Look for the 1974
Mallard/Bisque TR6 from Virginia on the showfield. Please stop and say HI and
look at my NEW MASTER CYLINDER and peeling paint.

Later
Ken Nachman
Richmond (VA) Triumph Register
1974 TR6