Dashboard refinishing

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dashboard refinishing
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 20:06:52 -0400
Just an update.  We had discussed the options for finishing a wood dash.
I have used "acrylic enamel urethane clear coat" with its catalyst.  I got it
at NAPA.  It is a little expensive, but it makes a GREAT finish even with
pretty basic tools.  It looks great without any final polishing, but the
inevitable dust specks (3 of them) made it necessary to sand with 1000, 1500,
2000
grit papers and then polish.  It is waterproof, UV proof, and tough.

Not a bad option.

-Tony