Re: Garage Floor Covering

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage Floor Covering
From: John Dowson <jdo@star.le.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 08:53:02 +0100
Doug,
        I used an industrial epoxy floor covering in my workshop about
seven years ago now. It was very easy to apply, just like paint but is
a hard grey epoxy finish after a couple of days.

It still looks good and oil etc just wipe off and do not stain. the only
problem I have had is from hot metal dropping on it when welding which
does mark it but it is easily repaired.

I obtained mine from a friend in the plastics business here in the UK
but it does seem to be widely available from industrial flooring suppliers.

the only caution I would add is that the underlying concrete has to be in good
shape as the epoxy follows the existing contours.

John Dowson