Re: Brake Bleeding on 66 TR4A

To: Alvamike@aol.com
Subject: Re: Brake Bleeding on 66 TR4A
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 18:49:44 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, 14 May 1999 Alvamike@aol.com wrote:

> coming out and have bleed to where there are on a few bubbles occassionally
> coming out.  I thought I would be able to WIFE ASSIST BLEED but I still have
> no pedal AT ALL.  When I push down the fluid rises in the resevoir but

The fluid shouldn't rise if you push the pedal; are you sure the master
worked on the bench?

Are there any pieces left over in your rebuild kit?  There's a little
"thrust washer" that stops the fluid from going into the reservoir when
you push the pedal.  If it's missing, or if you have pits in that spot,
then you won't get any pedal.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm