Re: headers/cab conversion

To: <LBPB1@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: headers/cab conversion
From: "Ken Lane" <kenlane@ddminc.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 08:24:24 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
For what its worth...  The headers will probably make a bigger contribution
than the carbs, with exception to a full race set up.  Getting the
volumetric flow right through the engine is a science unto itself.  Large
carbs without corresponding head and exhaust work will just destroy your
around town derivability and probably not give you the performance you are
looking for.

If you can raise your air flow speed through the engine for any given RPM
you will increase your torque and HP.  Getting the gas out of the cylinders
quicker is the best way to that.  Improving the exhaust flow is probably
your biggest bang for the buck item anyway.

Ask to see a hp-torque curve for any headers you will buy as many of them
are only suitable for 3500 rpm plus before they start making any power.
That's great for highway on ramps but not so hot for traffic lights.

Get a copy of Kastners Triumph GT6+ Competition Manual, about $14.00 from
SpitBits .Com.  This book will tell you just exactly what to do and how to
do it to the GT6+ motor for substantial horsepower gain. No financial
relationship with SpitBits blah blah.

The book is probably the cheapest part you will buy in your quest for more
HP.

Ken
72 GT6 MkIII