TR3 body tub balance point

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 body tub balance point
From: JIM_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 08:24:21 -0400

--openmail-part-17c5e58e-00000001

Greetings,
I notice several folks have recently lifted their TR3 bodies off their frames,
and there has been some discussion about bracing the bodies so they don't fold
in two like a cardboard box, so am hoping for a bit of advice. I am getting
ever closer to lifting mine off, and will brace across the top of the door
openings with angle iron or similar, but am wondering where the centre of the
body tub is, weight-wise, as I intend to lift with a block and tackle. (If it's
between the front and back of the doors that will help as I can weld a piece of
angle between the other two and lift it.)
The body has all the fenders, doors, apron, trunk and hood removed.
Thanks in advance for your input,
Regards,
Jim Wallace
60 TR3a TS81417