Fresh CD150's, High Idle. HELP?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fresh CD150's, High Idle. HELP?
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 06:39:28 -0700 (PDT)
So I shelled out to have the ZS 150's professionally rebuilt (emission
carbs--VERY minimal adjustability), and put 'em on the car.

it fires and runs smoothly, but it idles at about 3,000 rpm!

There's got to be a simple explanation... anyone have one?

Can anyone tell me the proper orientation for that 1/4 in. spacer
between carb and manifold? The round opening in the spacer has a little
notch in it, but none of my Bently nor Haynes manuals shows the
position. Could this be the problem?

Could it be timing? Help!

TIA,
John D.