Let the Buyer Beware

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Vintage Triumph Register general list <vtr@autox.team.net>
Subject: Let the Buyer Beware
From: william@mustang.parsippany.sgi.com (Bill Silvershein) "Re: Insurance Question" (May 18, 1:28pm)
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 13:59:17 -0400 (EDT)
Phone: (201) 263-1661
Greeting all,

   Just want to let the group know about a seller who is not quite
honest about what he is selling (The car is touted as a rust free,1973 TR6, ex
autocross car just north of Boston, BRG with a spartan interior, no top or door
glass). After traveling the 6 hours one way with my trailer, I find not only a
beatup car, but one where the dash has been hacked together with a 1969(key
located in the dash)dash, on a 73 Chassis, with missing rockers( covered over
poorly by fiberglass matting),a paint job my 7 year old son could have done
with a paint roller, a roll bar that has not been welded( ok, one small spot
weld on each mounting pad to hold it in the car) in (was told it had been, and
passed SCCA tech inspection last year), and an overall seller who just played
dumb...Well, good thing I did not buy it when it was on ebay, I could have
truly been scammed out of my money. Since I had not, I am only out my 12
hours on the road, and about $200 in expenses....Let the buyer beware
of this car. Tell all your friends to watch out for this car in
Swampscott, MA and a seller named Fred.........I would hate to have anyone else
waste their time in the pursuit of a car that is touted as something it is
not.....

Yours in ever searching Triumphs,

Bill S.

PS: Car is BRG, with no top, nor door glass either... Have seen car
listed in Hemmings, on the VTR site, and on Ebay...........