RE: painting inside engine diff?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: painting inside engine diff?
From: "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 22:46:01 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Comments: SoVerNet Verification (on pike.sover.net)cscompaq from tempa88.bf.sover.net [207.136.202.88] 207.136.202.88Thu, 20 May 1999 22:48:11 -0400 (EDT)
Glyptol paints are used in various high tech applications because of the
same beneficial characteristics. I believe the way it works is that Glyptol
contains very tiny solids and therefore fills microscopic pores and
irregularities. We used to use it to help seal fittings on ultra high vacuum
systems used to make silicon chips and optical filters. It filled gaps and
pores to the extent that LARGER gas molecules could not leak into the vacuum
chambers.