Re: squealing clutch on TR6

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: squealing clutch on TR6
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 11:57:35 -0700
Gaby,
If your clutch is squealing just by depressing the clutch pedal sitting there
idling in the driveway then it sounds like your throw out bearing is going bad.
I drive mine like that for about 3 months and finally the throw outbearing
fractured and bound enought on the pressure plate 'teeth' and broke a few.  The
clutch would then not work at all.  It also toasted the carrier sleeve.  I was
going to replace all of this stuff anyway due to the labor involved.

If your clutch is squealing when your releasing the pedal then you may have a
worn out friction disk and now the disk rivets are scraping on the flywheel.
This is not good and you should'nt keep driving it(like I did in the case of
the bad TOB). You'll probably have to resurface your flywheeel anyway if this
is the case but no reason to cause excessive wear.

I'm new on this stuff so there are probably better(more in depth) answers to be
had on this one.
--

On Sun, 23 May 1999 14:24:08   Gaby Aubouin wrote:

>    My Tr6 has been idle for the last 4 months (frame repairs!).  Ever since
>I started driving it again my clutch squealing like a stuck pig.  .  Do I
>just need to drive it out?  Or is there something more worrisome lurking?
>
>Gaby
>
>Sorry if this posts twice

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account
at http://www.eudoramail.com