under/over steer

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: under/over steer
From: dncullig@us.ibm.com
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 16:11:37 -0400
Oops...typo on the address...

Dennis Culligan / BRS / Sterling Forest ,NY  (914) 759-4584 (T/L 248)
                          DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM

---------------------- Forwarded by Dennis N Culligan/Sterling Forest/IBM on
05/23/99 04:16 PM ---------------------------

Dennis N Culligan
05/23/99 04:08 PM

To:   peb@cornell.edu
cc:   triumphs@aotox.team.net
From: Dennis N Culligan/Sterling Forest/IBM@IBMUS

Philip Barnes wrote:
>From the rally dictionary: Understeer is when the driver is frightened,
>oversteer is when the navigator is frightened.

Philip -
  I love it!  Being an autocrosser, I don't have a navigator to scare.  I tend
to scare the organizers of the event when they see me sliding sideways towards
their timing lights at the finish line.
  I found that when I upgraded the front anti-sway bar and added a rear
anti-sway bar to my TR6, I went from severe understeer to mild oversteer.  I
like it a LOT better this way - I'd MUCH rather try to control a spin then push
straight through a corner.

Dennis Culligan / '76 TR6  CF57948U/ Highland, N.Y./ DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM