TR6 wiring

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 wiring
From: "Russell Messersmith" <krus@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 00:08:14 -0500
Listers  I am making progress on the wiring on the TR6.  So far I have the
head lites, tail lites, marker lites(rear), wiper motor(one speed only)
Brake lites,heater fan both speeds, and dash lites working.  I have a
question about a wire coming out of the ignition switch.  Ther is a black
wire ( about 2 Ft.) with a condensor attached.  This wire is coming out of
the ignition switch.  The condesor and wire are connected together by a
female spade connector to a female spade on the ignition switch.  Can
anyone tell me where this black wire goes?  Does it go to the coil or
distributor?  I believe I pulled this wire back thru the fire wall.  It was
sticking out in the area of the M.C.if I remember correctlu.  This is a 72
TR6 commission  # CC85????.

Thanks Russ

1967 TR4A
1972 TR6