TR3 Overheating

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Overheating
From: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 08:46:08 -0500
>Adrian,
>One common problem worth checking is the radiator cap.  Yep, the one you just
>replaced.  On the 3's and early 4's, the radiator cap is longer than the
>typical cap (1" deep vs 3/4" deep).  If you get a new cap at Auto Zone,
>they'll sell you the short one.   With the short one, even though the cap
>feels like it's going on right, it's not seated on the inside flange.  The
>result is the same as running without any cap at all.
>Bill Babbitt
>TR3A in a bag (hopefully not for ever)
>Gales Ferry, CT

Bill, I swear I wasn't plagiarising your posting when I mentioned long necks and
Auto Zone.  I guess I should read ALL the digests after a weekend, but just
wasn't quite awake as yet.  I COULD say that great minds think alike, but might
get flamed from some who think I'm a little nutty anyway.  : > )
Richard