Re: Body work or sandblasting first

To: Keith McGahan <keithmcgahan@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Body work or sandblasting first
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 19:25:34 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Keith,

Definitely sandblast first.

Other listers are correct saying this will help determine more clearly
the condition of the panel before you start to work on it.

In addition, any bodywork done before sandblasting could be damaged or
destroyed by sandblasting, unless you make special efforts to protect it
from the abrasive blast. And, if you do that, then you will have an
uneven blast job.

So definitely do the sandblasting first. Blasting will clean off any old
body repairs and maybe they can be improved on this time around.
Depending on the medium you use, a blast may be a pretty good prep for
applying body fillers too. (I heard that collective cringe on the list
;-)

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L