Re: Emissions

To: "Andrew R. Lindberg" <andylindberg@earthlink.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Emissions
From: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 08:14:12 -0400
Andy, Virginia does a very tough "dyno" test on all cars back to 1968, unless
you have a = antique/classic tag = car must be 25 years old for this tag = but
no antique tags from 1973 to 1999. At the present time driving with
antique/vintage (year of car for vintage tags) are exempt from inspection &
emmission so long as it is used only for shows/parades or club activities.
15.00 for safety inspection and 20.00 for emission inspection (both yearly) +
15.00 for county sticker + personel property tax + .11 state gas tax per gallon
+ 28.50 for state tags per year + 2% sales tax at time of purchase + .25 per 30
minutes for parking meters, now this is just the up-front charges, I did not
even get into the hidden charges.