The LAST Spitfire

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Spitfires List" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: The LAST Spitfire
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 00:21:50 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,

Re my post of a week or so back regarding the last Spitfire. Was it a true
blue Brit spec or, 'alors alors' one with the steering on the wrong side,
painted green and now residing in France?
The Frenchman thinks his car is the last one. It might well have been the
last one down the Pre-mount and Trim line as the door panels seemingly
attest but it wasn't the last one down Mount and Final Finish - and the MAFF
line and the commission number are the deciders.
I have just posted a picture to Jim Altman for his website of the last
Spitfire to roll off the track. You can see its the last one with all the
track workers alongside and behind it. I'm sure Jim will notify everyone
when it is posted to the web.
It's Inca Yellow and it's the car in Gaydon - period.
"Desole, Monsieur - le dernier est a Gaydon en JAUNE! C'est couru d'avance!"

John Mac