A good experience to relay

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: A good experience to relay
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@mojam.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 12:12:47 -0400

I had a welder out to the house yesterday to install a new wishbone support
bracket and the TR6 gusset kit TR250s need.  I had previously removed the
body, front suspension and steering rack to facilitate access to the
brackets.

It took him about 4.5 hours to do the work and cost $115.  The old bracket
had been repaired once before, but the top half had broken completely off,
apparently for the second time.  He had to do a fair amount of cutting and
grinding to get everything right.  I was satisfied with the work.  The
various dimensions I checked seemed pretty good.

Later that afternoon I was wire brushing and cleaning everything in
preparation for some POR-15 painting and I noticed that while he bent the
bottom tabs of the bracket under the frame he had failed to weld them to the
frame.  Great.  "Oh well", I thought, "I'll charge ahead and get in touch
with him later to fix it".  Access to that particular spot is pretty good
and I wanted to get painting.

I got a phone call from him this morning.  He said, "I was laying in bed
last night and I realized I bend the tabs over but forgot to weld them to
the frame."  He came over this morning after finishing another small job and
completed the job.  I have a little paint touchup to do, but it will be
easy.

Needless to say, I was impressed.  I don't think most people - if they even
realized they had missed something - would have bothered to make it right,
let alone to it voluntarily.

For those of you in New York's Capital District who might be in need of
welding services, the guy's name is Bill Strong.  He's in Ballston Spa.  His
phone is 518-885-2693.

One more mark in the good karma column...

Skip Montanaro  | Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music" http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com  | Musi-Cal: http://www.musi-cal.com/
518-372-5583