Re: Mineral Oil Y2K

To: jaltman@altlaw.com, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mineral Oil Y2K
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 14:09:30 -0400
At 1:40 PM -0400 5/31/99, jaltman@altlaw.com wrote:
>I was at the AutoZone buying a six pack of oil and filter for the 6.  The
>young girl behind the counter sez "Ya know its all synthetic after the new
>year. No more regular oil."  I sez "Say what?"
>
>Is this right?  I hadn't heard that.
>

>Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
>http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK

It's true! The refineries, taking a clue from Microsoft, have declared all
1999 and earlier oil non Y2K compliant. If you try to drive your car after
12/31/99 with non Y2K compliant oil, it will stop dead in it's tracks at
the stroke of midnight! ;-)
I think this check out girl knows not of what she speaks.....