Help - Speedometer repair

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help - Speedometer repair
From: "Allen, Warren" <Warren.Allen@infores.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:44:49 -0500
Fellow Enthusiasts

My TR3 speedometer has quit working.  The cable's fine, and the speedometer
is making a subtle but ominous noise and doesn't move off of zero.  My
questions:

1. Can I repair it?  Is there any documentation for
disassembly/cleaning/reassembly?  If I try to disassemble it, will I end up
with thousands of little wheels and such and no clue how they go back
together? Are parts available?

2. Any recommendations for repair shops or replacing it with a new/rebuilt
unit?

Thanks for your help.

Warren Allen
Winston-Salem, NC