Re: competition manual online

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: competition manual online
From: "Andy" <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 21:29:00 -0400 (EDT)
WOW!!!!!
This is great!!!!!
It's just like the movie "In and out"(TM?)
I'm about to put "Triumph TR Maintenance Modification & Tuning" by J.L.S.
Maclay on the web. NO copyright noted in the document but I will remove it
from the web if otherwise notified. I'd love to see it back in print.
Whoops, you know what that means...... I must be in violation of copyright
too!
I called the Library of Congress many months ago. Anything before 1975,
when copyrighted, has protection for 35 years.  after 1975 it has protection
for 25 years after the authors death. I'll call tomorrow and ask about
notification requirements.
The TR-250, TR5, TR6 Competition Preparation Manual states that it is
copyrighted, though I'm not sure whether that is 1968 when originally
written or 1980 when revised by Michael J.R. Barratt. You won't see that
one from me.
E-mail me if you have questions for the LOC about copyright and I'll ask ----
it's a local call for me.
Andy

On 06/15/99 02:03 PM Tony Rhodes said...