Re: Vicky Brit Attitude

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vicky Brit Attitude
From: "Daniel Elder" <Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 18:40:11 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I'd like to add one additional point about Victoria British and competitors.
I have spend the great majority of my Triumph parts money with Victoria
British. I like the knowledge and attitude better at TRF and also Sports and
Classics. But I am a long time owner of a MK I Spitfire and Victoria British
is the only supplier that consistantly has everything I need in stock and
ready to ship. I have many times had a list of 20 or more items ranging from
engine rebuild, trans rebuild, or suspension items. I try TRF and find they
have a few, can back order a few and can't get a few more. I then call VB
and they have every item in stock. In the end, I need the parts more than
the "attitude".
While restoring my 64 Sports 6 I got in the habit of ordering from British
suppliers because the US companies don't have Herald / Sports 6 specific
parts. I found in many cases I can buy in England at a low enough price to
more than ofset the shipping cost.  I now consider ordering from England
first except on very heavy items.
By the way, John Kipping has fantastic customer serveice and parts supply
for all Triumph cars.  I have rarely had a problem with them but when I have
they have jumped through hoops to solve it for me.
Dan Elder
'65 Spitfire Mk I
'64 Sports 6