Re: Speeding tickets

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speeding tickets
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 23:37:29 -0700
As I see it, you admitted in court that you were breaking the law (doing
58 in a 55).  Although the police usually give you some leeway, the law
does not.
Had you insisted you were only doing 55, there's a (very) small chance
the judge might have let you go, since the radar evidence was clearly
invalid.  OTOH, most judges assume the police never lie, and the accused
always does, so it probably wouldn't have made any difference.