Re: electrical parts needed TR3

Subject: Re: electrical parts needed TR3
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 23:39:03 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ken :

The catalog on Moss' web site lists P/N 142-710 for $6.35.

My VB catalog only shows one item that could be it, P/N 14-972 "Bulb
holder screw base" for $8.35, but their illustration bears no
resemblance to the ones in my car, or in the factory parts manual.
(Their P/N 14-973 "Bulb holder screw base claw type" is for the high
beam indicator.)

Curiously enough, the factory parts manual lists two different holders,
502342 and 502343, but I have no idea what the difference is.

With care, you should be able to solder some small gauge wire to the
side 'spring' on the regular dash lamp holder, and bring it out between
the housing and holder.  For the turn indicator, it goes to ground, but
for the ignition lamp, it goes to the switched side of the ignition
switch.

Randall