RE: crappy polyurethane bushings?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: crappy polyurethane bushings?
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:55:02 +0100

If you are having problems with poly's wearing out that quick, forget hard
plastic (nylon) ones. You might want to check if they were fitted correctly,
i.e. lubed and torqued up. (no offense meant) I very much doubt that the oem
rubbers lasted 24 years, what you mean is probably that they were in there
for that long. I bought replacement rubber rear trailing arm bushes which
started to perish after a year, so there you go. Whats the manufacturer of
the polys?

Cheers, Gernot