Trailering Tips ?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Trailering Tips ?
From: Brad Kahler <bkahler@omc.ja.dtra.mil>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 03:16:47 -1000
Listers,

Next weekend I'll be loading my 64 spitfire on the the trailer for the
trip to VTR in Portland.  While I've made many trips with the trailer to
pickup various Triumphs (as some of you are aware!), all of these cars
to date have been more or less project cars.  So I haven't really
trailered a nice car before.  Now I'm not saying my spitfire qualifies
as a trailer queen, but I would still like it to arrive in Portland at
least looking it IS a spitfire!

I'm open to any suggestions that would help ensure that the car gets
there in a condition that would allow me to actually use the car!!

So for those of you that have done this before I am more than willing to
listen to what you have to say.

TIA

Brad

http://www.141.com/triumphs

P.S.  If  you're wondering why I'm trailering the car instead of
driving, its because the car still has a few bugs to work out and I
haven't had the time to take care of them myself.  As a matter of fact,
if it weren't for my brother-in-law having replaced the head gasket and
swapping the transmission for me I might have had to leave the car at
home.  So rather than drive part way to Portland and break down I felt
that it would be better to break down where there was bound to be a
rather large supply of talent to help remedy the problems!