TR3 electrical question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 electrical question
From: coday@localaccess.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 09:14:36 -0700
Cc: Coday@localaccess.com
Have been enjoying the warm, sunny weather.  I don't think I
remember how to put the top up.  Unfortunately, I have a minor
electrical problem this year.

Navigator side of the fuse block appears to have developed a dead
short somewhere.   This is the side that lights up the turn signals,
brake lights and heater fan.  I put in a fuse, turn the key and fzzz...
the fuse blows.  Won't even give me enough time to test circuits.
The only idea I have had so far is to dead short across the fuse
block and see where the smoke develops so I can find the short.
Is there a better way?  I love Lucas electric, I need an electrical
engineer, a shaman and a pint of warm beer, then I should be able
to locate the problem.  The shaman is no problem, but the
electrical engineer and warm beer together make me queasy.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,

Geezer
TS52320L (no L)