Reverse Gear on a '74 TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Reverse Gear on a '74 TR6
From: "Hansen, Hans C, III (Red), GLSVC" <rhansen@att.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 09:08:13 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Fellow LisTRs --
Since I initially and ignorantly started this thread, I'd like to bring
closure to it by saying you can shift into reverse gear - without grinding -
in two different ways, to wit:
1)      You can ever so gently yet firmly LIFT the gear shift knob only
slightly as you briskly move it to the right and then to the rearward, or
2)      You can slap that sucker with the meat of your hand to the right and
yank the bloody thing with all your might down!
I and "Christine" prefer the former method, rather than the latter.
See you at VTR/Portland!
Red Hansen
'74 TR6 CF13994 - missing this trip
'95 Ford Windstar - bringing 1 wife and 2 kids