IT'S ALIVE!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: IT'S ALIVE!
From: Schloss3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:50:40 EDT
After 18 years of slumber, another LBC awakens.  While there still alot of work
to do before road worthy, I 've finally got the engine running on my TR4.
Pretty much on the first push of the solenoid button too.  Thrilled until I
noticed that the fuel pump was leaking alot of gas.  Figured I would get better
mileage if corrected, so a new one on order from Victoria British.  By the way,
this is my second order from them.  The first was a new wiring harness.  Very
pleased with them and the prices.

Of course there is a question here.  We used the lawnmower filling can for the
gas tank.  Pulled the real tank out from the shed to start work on that.  I'm
planning on the 3 step process for the inside of the tank.  Overall, the tank's
exterior is in good shape.  I did fix a light into the filler neck and turned
out the lights.  I have about 6 or 7 pinholes.  I've heard that the epoxy
sealer will take care of these on the inside.  I would feel better if the
exterior was solid though.  Any suggestions out there?  Is there such a thing
as a cold weld?  I've got the MIG welder, but have heard too many horror
stories about leftover fumes(after 18 yrs?).  Can I get it taken care of by a
professional?

Paul Brandsema
61 TR4  CT133
High Point, NC