Re: Converting a Stag tach to function with a V6

To: <ArthurK101@aol.com>, <gprtech@frontiernet.net>, <Peter.Wilson@vsl.com.au>
Subject: Re: Converting a Stag tach to function with a V6
From: "David Greed" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 20:33:47 +1200charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Art

As you can see from my sig. I have both a 2500S and a Stag - and the
tachometers look very much the same (just a different redline), and they are
definitely the same size.

I can keep a look out down here for one and let you know if one comes
available, but in the meantime, you could see if Rimmers have one.

The other thing to try is check with an instrument technician about
recalibrating it. A local Instrument technician has said it is no problem to
convert a six cylinder tach to work on a four cylinder motor (for use on a
Herald) - so eight down to six should be no problem.

I agree with others who think a V8 would be a better option, but then...

BTW, the 2500S and the PI have a straight six, not too dissimilar from the
TR6 and TR250 motors - definitely not a V6.

David Greed
1974 Stag Man O/D
1979 2500S Man O/D

Email: Home: greed@wave.co.nz