Re: bio

To: 1-Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bio
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 14:07:40 +0200
Hi friends,
feels a little early in life for summing it all up, but here's a
short version...

Name: Odd Hedberg, something I guess most of You knew already.

Age etc: just turned 44 - and divorced since most of a decade
- never again I say! They're far to expensive to get rid of when
they don't behave any more... No kids. So, now I can concentrate on
me, myself and I... ;-)

Two Triumphs, one VW, a boat and a bungalow takes most of the time
I can spare from work and Club related duties. Hobbies is handling
TCoS membership registry, their treasury and International relations,
scuba diving [qualified Diving Instructor] and, very occasionally,
fiddling with the house and the Triumphs. All of this is paid for
with work at a Nuclear Power plant [Forsmark 3] where I work as a
technician in the Main Control room. Doing as little as possible...
[The less I/we have to do - the better the plant runs, so to say...]
A rather dull job but it pays for the spare/leasure time... And it
lets me read two to three daily newspapers every shift... ;-)

The Triumphs; The Spitfire was my first ever car - and I still
own it. I'm the third owner. [The second owner was a school mate
who got it as an eighteenth birthday present from her parents in
the summer of '73 - so I saw it off and on during the last year
at high school. But never related to it other than - OK, she's got
a little red car... She never took the hardtop off!!!]
I bought it at a car lot three years later when she had traded it
in for a car with a rear seat... Drew it as my daily transport for
some years but when I lost the right rear suspension while braking
hard for an intersection I got fed up and the car ended up in dads
garage. It was transferred to my own garage in '91 - and there it
still is, with a broken right rear suspension... We'll see if I
restore it, or sell it, in the future. Haven't decided yet.

The TR8 is quite something else... It's been a dream car of mine
ever since I first read about them. But for reasons regarding its
legality in Sweden it's been impossible to import and register one
in Sweden until just last year - something the PO learnt the hard
way when he took this one with him back from USA in early '95. It
ended up in his fathers garage - illegal to drive and impossible
to register. It's still not easy to get it through all the red tape
but I'm a stubborn bastard and will succeed eventually...
Presently the car is just a money pit or black hole sucking up all
the resources it can find... ;-) That'll change in time and then
the golden swan will emerge out of the presently speckled duckling...

Thanks for all the support You all have given me over these years!
Best regards
/Odd

--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4           International liaison secretary,