Lost Car

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lost Car
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 19:03:06 -0400
The note looking for Ralph White made me figure this couldn't hurt, I guess.
I'd love to find out what happened to my very first car, but unfortunately
have no idea as to it's Commission number. If any of you can help, I'd be
grateful.

The car was a 1961 TR3A, originally powder blue, but when sold (in late
1977, I think), was a dark metallic green (DPO - me - did that, although I
can't imagine what possessed me to do so) with a black vinyl interior and a
dirty white hood. Side screens were (I think) JC Whitney - the aprons were
aluminum, as were the mounting brackets. It had steel wheels, hubcaps with
no globes and Pirelli Centuratos. When sold, it needed quite a bit of work;
floor pans, complete interior, engine rebuild, front suspension rebuild,
hood...you get the picture.

I seem to recall that it had no front apron badge or lettering, but the
badge MAY have been there (memory fades). It did have overdrive - the switch
was where it's supposed to be, but it was a stalk about 4" long (looked like
a column mount type), rather than the bulbous thing that was supposed to be
there. To my knowledge, the only body work that had been done on the car was
the right front wing. Going thru an intersection, someone ran a stop sign
and sideswiped me. Had the bodywork done and, as far as I can remember, he
beat it out and filled.

Car was sold in Bloomfield, CT and was last seen leaving the parking lot of
my apartment complex. If any of you know of the car's whereabouts, I'd love
to hear from you. I'm not too optimistic, but thought I'd try. Looking
forward to hearing from someone. Thanks for listening...8^)

Michael Ferguson
Vernon, CT
(Formerly) 1961 TR3A, TS????? LO