Bio

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bio
From: "Jeremy Ryan Kinney" <kinnejr@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:08:27 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
My name is Jeremy Ryan Kinney.   I am 27 and a doctoral candidate in the
history of technology at Auburn University in Alabama.  My dissertation
documents the development of aeronautical technology during the 1920s and
1930s in the US.  I am originally from NC (near Greensboro) and hope to
return there soon.

I grew up around Triumph automobiles.  My parents would tie tricycles to the
luggage rack of my father's signal red 1964 TR4 and take my brother and I to
the park when we were small.  My brother drove his russet brown 1980
Spitfire 1500 through high school and college.  The two years I rode to
school with him were the best (and the funniest).  I drove my damson 1971
GT6 Mk III for my high school and undergraduate college years.  Just
recently, my father acquired a powder blue 1966 Herald 1200 Saloon.  At this
point, our cars are awaiting restoration.  The TR4 is slated for the initial
work, but we are scrounging parts and money for all of the cars.

My philosophy regarding restoration is to maintain originality (no
powerplant changes!). However, body/interior color changes are acceptable as
long as they are authentic.  Also, all the Triumph models interest me, but I
if there was one more car to get it would be a TR250 or an early TR6
(rostyle hubcaps and all!).

Just so you will know what kind of Triumph enthusiast I am, I used to beg my
Dad to describe to me what it was like to go to a British Leyland dealership
in the early 1970s (!).  As a result, I collect dealer brochures, ads, and
other paraphernalia related to Triumph.

Dissertation research and writing takes up my time these days, but I also
enjoy playing jazz (electric and acoustic bass), lifting weights,
long-distance biking, and reading Irish literature.

Thanks,
Jeremy Kinney