TR-6 Windscreen Removal and Dash Pad aligning

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-6 Windscreen Removal and Dash Pad aligning
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:11:16 -0400
Cc: Joe Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com> charset=ISO-8859-1
Joseph J Burlein writes:

>Hello,
>
>Any out there have advice on removing the windscreen and putting that top
>crash pad back on?  (Well, off first, the on)  Thanks in advance.
>
>Joe Burlein

Joe,

The biggest sticky point I have run into whilst removing the two or three
windscreens I have done so far is the pin sticking in the bracket.

If you are not familiar with it, the windscreen frame has a pin at each
end that is inserted through a hole in the scuttle and into a clamping
bracket underneath.  It appears that some of these were assembled
whilst the paint was still soft and are effectively glued together.  I have

resorted to removing all three bolts that secure the bracket to the car
 and using a pair of locking pliers twisted the bracket back and forth
about a half a dozen times to break the paint bond.

Of course that requires removing quite a few things under the dash
such as the dash air vents but one does what one must.

Of course I use generous amounts of anti-sieze upon reassembly.

Hope this helps.

Dave Massey