Re: which tool would you get?

To: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: which tool would you get?
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 20:01:47 -0700
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I second the replies about the electric angle grinder.  I have a Dewalt 4 1/2
inch angle grinder, model DW402 and highly recommend it.  I very seldom actually
use it as a grinder.  Most of its use is with a wire wheel for removing paint,
bondo, or rust.  It cleans faster and with less mess than sandblasting.  You can
also use cutting disks.  Most of the time I use a 4.5" disk, but you can get
away with a 4" disk is you enlarge the center hole.

I used to use an electric drill for wire brushing, but there is little
comparison.

Electric does not have the hassle of the compressor, you can use it almost any
place, and the electrical cord is more flexible than an air hose.  The only
disadvantage might be safety in a wet environment.

The switch is easy to use with gloves on (something I recommend you check before
purchase) and locks fairly easily.  The body and moveable handle also make it
easy to use and control in unusual body positions.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6