Re: Auto Transport Services

To: "Stephen P." <sppchicago@excite.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Auto Transport Services
From: "linda long" <lalong@vt.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 19:33:47 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Steve,
I don't have any first hand experience with flat bed towing longer distances
but my guess is that it will be rather pricey.  They will probably charge
you by the mile and round trip.  I know here locally I have to pay 25 bucks
just to get hauled across town.  Have you considered a U-haul auto
transport.  I got 2 of my 3 TR's this way...worked real slick.   I bummed a
full size pickup from a friend and then got the U-haul.  If you don't have
access to a pickup it might be cheaper than a flat bed to rent an auto
transport and a moving truck to tow it.  If you go the U-haul/pick up
route....send me an email.  I got a trick I have used to finesse the U-haul
system to save a few bucks, I'll share it with you

Tom Long
Blacksburg, VA

64TR4
68TR250