TR-6 Wooden Facia Originality

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 Wooden Facia Originality
From: Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 18:39:38 -0400
Hello,

I just received my TRF TR-6 dash.  It does not look like the one I took
out of the car by Peterson Products (anyone heard of them?).  I assume it
was also not original.  Questions are these:
        1) The TRF dash is rather light in color.  I thought they were dark and
faded much, much later.
        2) It doesn't appear to be varnished.  The lettering is certainly on the
outside of whatever may have been put on there.
        3) You can see the blonde plywood around the glovebox lock hole.
        4) Moss' products like this?  Which is more original?  (BTW, there's is
100 bucks more right now!).

Thanks for the help,

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6
Melbourne, FL

Real cars are designed to carry only two people, anything else is just a
bus.