Exterior Rubber Part Cleaning/Restoration

To: TR Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exterior Rubber Part Cleaning/Restoration
From: Gary & Priscilla Klein <gklein@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 20:51:56 -0400
Fellow Scions,

The end of the restoration is at hand and I've decided to keep the
rubber overiders on my '75 TR6.  I've not been a user of any of the
various rubber care and/or treatment products on any of my other
vehicles and was wondering what the experiences of the list might be.
I'd think you guys with late Spitfires would have a trick or two you'd
like to share.

It would appear that the DPO applied some sort of colored coating to my
overiders and it's a bit streaky here and there and while they're mostly
glossly, the shine has gone from some spots.  Otherwise, they are  in
fairly good shape.

As always, appreciate the comments.  I'll summarize the replys with the
list.

Gary
Digest
'75 TR6 Undergoing Remanufacture