DPO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or factory?)

To: "2000- Register" <2000-Register@autox.team.net>
Subject: DPO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or factory?)
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 01:37:49 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
For some light relief on an otherwise unrewarding evening,
I've just spent an absorbing hour or so stripping the rocker
shaft on Canley Girl. What I found was *interesting.*
Clearly, PO's have felt that maintaining valve clearances
was something you did with a stillson wrench with about a 5
foot swing to ensure tightness. Most of my rocker arms have
intriguing dents on their valve stem faces that would easily
conceal a double decked London bus. The rocker shaft itself
has, shall we say, a curiously serpentine look about it and
noise created in removing the rockers down the shaft
reminded me of a commuter train crossing the points
(switches) as it left a main line station. I'm now beginning
to wonder what the state of the mating faces of the cam
followers look like and this is something I REALLY didn't
want to do.
Anyone got a spare hernia truss I can wear when lifting the
engine out of the car? There's another little thing too.
One blocked oil feed to the head that has done little to
stop things going squeak squeak. Anyone want a four seat 135
horsepower Triumph saloon?

Jonmac