Compression Ratio Questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Compression Ratio Questions
From: "Brian S. Thomas" <thomasb@post.queensu.ca>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 10:03:52 -0400
Cc: tpopkes@cgocable.net
Hi.

I'm posting this for a friend so please respond to Tom directly (
tpopkes@cgocable.net ).

Tom writes:

I suspect that the head of my 1967 Spitfire engine may have been shaved,
effectively raising the compression ratio.  My question is:

Can the compression ratio be calculated/measured without taking the head
off?  Would an increase in compression ratio raise the cylinder pressures?

Cheers,

Brian

Brian S. Thomas                                 e-mail: ThomasB@Post.QueensU.Ca
Y2K Project Manager                       v-mail:  613-533-2228
ITS,  Dupuis Hall                                  fax:  613-533-2168
Queen's University                           home:  613-542-8110
Kingston, Ontario CANADA K7L 3N6  toys:  54 TR2, 56 TR3, 67 TR4A, 80 TR8

Q u e e n ' s  Y 2 K   U R L :  http://www.its.queensu.ca/year2000