<no subject>

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: <no subject>
From: "Michael Thompson" <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 08:22:42 -0400
Hello all,
My TR3 has developed an oil leak (yeah, what's new) I was looking at the
engine while it was running and noticed oil bubbling out of the threads of
one of the head studs. I'm thinking head gasket. Is this a reasonable idea?
I don't know if this is the only place it is leaking (probably not) since I
put in a quart every 100-150 miles. Also the oil pressure sometimes
increases when I decelerate and decreases on acceleration. This is at 3000
rpm and goes from 80-70 lbs to 60 lbs. Suggestions?
Cheers,
Mike Thompson