GT6 gauge question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 gauge question
From: "Scott's e-mail" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 15:46:47 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi all,

After searching all my archives for info, I decided to toss this out for
consideration.  On the back of the speedo, there is a box with 4 electrical
terminals attached.  I understand this is a 'voltage regulator', but I don't
understand what it really does.  I can't seem to find anything about it in
Haynes or Bentley.  My question:  what does the thing do, and could that
contribute to why my speedo and tach don't work?  Be aware that I just put
the gauges back in after re-working the dash.  I was under the assumption (I
know, bad move) that these guys were purely mechanical, and that by
connecting the speedo and tach cables I was good to go.  Comments
appreciated!  Post to my e-mail or to the list if relevant.

TIA,

Scott Decker
70 GT6  KC79034L
Braselton (Road Atlanta), GA