Re: A Spit isn't a TR4

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A Spit isn't a TR4
From: Keith A Edwards <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 06:51:59 -0400
Cc: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, Pete Ryner <pryner@ij.net>, Tom Ambrose <tambrose@tir.com>
Nearly 20 years ago, my father-in-law found a "1954 TR4" for me (back
when I only had 2 Triumphs).  The wire wheels sounded right, but the
"louvered hood and fold-down windshield" didn't.

It ended up being an Austin-Healey, but I bought it anyway...

Keith Edwards, who always believed in interchangeable parts
Suffolk, VA
2 TR3Bs
2 TR4As
1 Austin-Healey
1 Austin Princess Vanden Plas limo

Joe Curry wrote:

> I've heard of "Bait and Switch" before, but this takes the cake!  :)
>
> Joe
>
> Pete Ryner wrote:
> >
> > Tom,
> > At least it was a spitfire.  I answered a similar ad in New York a few years
> > ago.  Car had been sitting NEXT to his barn for "10 years".  Said it was a
> > TR-4 on the phone, thought it would run.  He only wanted $150 so I bought it
> > unseen.  Got there on Saturday and found a Herald sitting next to the barn,
> > no front end, a tree growing through the rusted out floor board, etc.  I
> > ended up giving him $100 for it and sold it at cost to an enthusiast.  You
> > just never know.
> > Pete
SNIP